Isn't that nice?
*this statement may not be true.
So, here goes this week's edition:
1. When driving, are you more likely to listen to the radio, to CDs or an iPod, or nothing at all?
I really like listening to things in the car. Anything, really. Audio books, talk radio, classical music, pop music, show tunes, anything. The husband, on the other hand, is perfectly happy to just sit there not listening to anything at all. I handle it slightly better than Elaine.
My inclination is to flip on the noise the moment the kids and I get in the car, but I've made a point of waiting, for at least a few minutes. Somehow, a quiet car often feels like a good place to ask questions. Those few minutes of quiet have often turned out to be an opportunity for an important discussion. Or an unimportant discussion. But, still, things were discussed.
I'm awfully busy at home, so I want my kids to have a place where we can talk.
But, THEN we'll listen to something. Anything.
I like the aisle if I have a baby with me, because I always end up getting up to change/walk the baby. But, if I happened to be traveling sans-lap child, I would prefer the window, not to look out, but just to lean against so I could take a nap.
Yeah, sorry. I'm just not that interested in clouds.
3. Do you fall asleep on your side, back, or stomach? What position are you in when you wake up?
Lulu is still bunking with us, so I fall asleep on my side nursing her. Usually when I wake up we are both on our backs. Often, one of us
4. Do you have a favorite quote or inspirational saying?
I enjoy all the inspirational quotes. Bring 'em on.
My favorites right now are from St. Catherine of Siena:
and St. Joan of Arc:
5. When is the last time you attended a zoo, circus, carnival, county fair, or parade?
We just went to the circus last weekend! Papa took us to Navy Pier to see Cirque Shanghai.
It was great. There was something for everyone. But Lulu does not want to run away and join the circus.
6. What's the best thing about summer?
I think my favorite thing about it is just the change in our routine. We are very structured during the school year. But much less so in the summer. The kids can pursue their interests and I can pursue mine a bit more, outside the responsibilities of our school days.
We get to spend time with family and have adventures and outings, and recharge for another school year.
Which is FAST approaching!
Here are next week's questions:
1. What do you still want to do this summer?
2. What's your favorite kind of pie?
3. How much sleep do you need each day? How much do you get?
4. Do you prefer to swim in a pool, lake, river, or ocean?
5. Do you know any poems by heart?
6. Do you use the public library?
Next week's installment will go live at 10pm Pacific Saturday night, and will be open until 10pm Wednesday night.
So, please, answer this week's questions for yourself in the comments. If you have a blog, answer the questions there, link back to this post, and link your blog post up below. For bonus points, you can even tag a couple other bloggers so THEY can play along too! So fun.
But always remember, in Answer Me This . . . there are no rules, and the points don't matter.